ads

John Keats Beautiful Love Letter to his lover Fanny Brawne. | Millionaire Quote

JOHN KEATES  LOVE LETTER TO FRANCES BRAWNE 

John Keats was one of the most famous and romantic  poet of the literature  history . He was born on 13 October 1795 in United Kingdom   and died in the age of 25 by TB on  23Feb 1821 . During this small period he wrote so many books and poetry.  That is quite  famous even in this 21st century.  

Frances (Fanny) Brawne (1800–1865) was  Keats’s fiancée and lover , whom he met in August 1818,  And fall in love with her . Keats lived next door to the Brawne's from the middle of October 1819 until May 1820, and then he fall  desperately ill, he convalesced in their home for a month in August–September. This letter was wrote to her on 18 October 1819 . He saw Fanny for the last time on 13 September 1820. During 1819 to September 1820 he wrote so many letter to her and but after 13 September when he saw her last time  he never wrote to her again nor read her letters. And Died on 23 February 1821. 

 



(Read the complete letter here and assume the emotions of the poet)

13 October, 1819

25 College Street 

My dearest Girl,

This moment I have set myself to copy some verses out fair. I cannot proceed with any degree of content. I must write you a line or two and see if that will assist in dismissing you from my Mind for ever so short a time. Upon my Soul I can think of nothing else – The time is passed when I had power to advise and warn you against the unpromising morning of my Life – My love has made me selfish. I cannot exist without you – I am forgetful of every thing but seeing you again – my Life seems to stop there – I see no further. You have absorbed me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I was dissolving – I should be exquisitely miserable without the hope of soon seeing you. I should be afraid to separate myself far from you. My sweet Fanny, will your heart never change? My love, will it? I have no limit now to my love – You note came in just here – I cannot be happier away from you – ‘T is richer than an Argosy of Pearle's. Do not threat me even in jest. I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion – I have shuddered at it – I shudder no more – I could be martyred for my Religion – Love is my religion – I could die for that – I could die for you. My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet – You have ravished me away by a Power I cannot resist: and yet I could resist till I saw you; and even since I have seen you I have Endeavoured  often “To Reason Against The Reasons of My Love.” I can do that no more – the pain would be too great – My Love is selfish – I cannot breathe without you.

Yours for ever

John Keats

Beautiful  QUOTES Extract From This LOVE LETTER

 Love is my religion--I could die for it.~ John Keats

 My Love is selfish – I cannot breathe without you.~ John Keats

You can read  another letter of John Keats  here ;

Selected Letters of John Keats: Revised Edition, Based on the texts of Hyder Edward Rollins: READ HERE 

Post a Comment

0 Comments